Saturday, September 18, 2010
Oregon - In Memory of JD
One of the first people that came to mind when I had this idea was Jim Drechsler. I knew him as Kristel's Dad and he loved to run, was good at it too. He was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Multiform IV brain tumor which is the most aggressive type in the spring of 2008 and died in December of that same year. Kristel is a very good friend of mine and I wish I could have done something to help her more during that time. So this is my way of honoring Kristel and celebrating her dad's life. His birthday is October 8th and I will be running the Portland Half Marathon in memory of Jim on 10/10/10. If you would like to help end brain cancer, please donate to the National Brain Tumor Society at http://www.braintumor.org/ and click on the Donate button. Prayers and/or thoughts for their family, friends and people that struggle with this disease are powerful too. This one is for you, KP and JD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment